The Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance announces the 2015 Uptown Arts Stroll Poster Contest, open to Washington Heights–Inwood and West Harlem artists.
For this year’s submissions for the poster contest, artists are asked to incorporate these elements into their proposed art work:
- The central theme is how do we get uptown? Take the ___ uptown (i.e., train, bus, etc.).
- Include elements of uptown’s diverse arts and cultural scene.
- Include “Uptown Arts Stroll” in the design.
- Artist must be a Washington Heights–Inwood or West Harlem resident (West 135th to 220th Street).
- Artist may submit only one (1) image for consideration.
- Entry must be a high-resolution (300 dpi with 2,440 pixels) JPG (above 3–4 MB), EPS or TIFF file, without the artist’s name.
- E-mail entry must include:
- Artist’s full name (first and last)
- Artist’s brief bio or artist statement
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Art work title and media
- Entry must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. EST, Tuesday 17 February 2015.