First NY cases of coronavirus confirmed | Manhattan Times

New York’s first two cases of coronavirus have been confirmed.

A 39-year-old Manhattan woman became the first person in the state to test positive for the virus, city officials announced on Sunday.

On Tuesday morning, officials confirmed a male New Rochelle resident in his 50’s also tested positive for coronavirus. An attorney who works in Manhattan, the man tested positive on Monday evening.

The woman tested positive after traveling to Iran with her husband and is now quarantined in her home, along with her husband.

At a press conference held on Monday, Governor Andrew Cuomo said the woman, a health care worker, had been working in Iran and returned to New York on February 25.

“We don’t believe that she was contagious when she was on the plane, or when she took a private car from the airport to her residence,” he said, noting that the woman did not take any public transportation. She has displayed symptoms of mild respiratory illness.

In the second confirmed case,‎ The man was initially treated at Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville, and later was transferred to New York-Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan.

We invite you to subscribe to the weekly Uptown Love newsletter, like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter & Instagram or e-mail us at UptownCollective@gmail.com.

You Might Also Like